Walsh Services – Genetic Wellness
Genetic Wellness Program
The ultimate goal of this is to improve the function of certain enzymes in the body with nutrition, creating better health. Understanding your own genetics gives you a powerful tool to identify targeted support that can get to the root cause of health issues.
“Genetics load the gun, but lifestyle pulls the trigger.”
Your genes are not your destiny. Nutrigenomics is the scientific study of the interaction of nutrition and genes, especially with regard to the treatment of disease (Oxford Dictionary). It is a burgeoning field that can help us to identify and support certain genetic weaknesses that we all carry.
I use a program that looks at 38,000 different genes to look at variants that may contribute to health issues. A computer-generated report will be reviewed by me and I will suggest support that correlates with your health concerns.
The genes that are reviewed may reveal issues with the following body functions:
- Vitamins & mineral absorption and transport
- Adaptability to stress
- Antioxidant defense
- Food sensitivity
- Fatty acid processing (omega-3s)
- Histamine breakdown
- Microbiome health
- Brain function
- Electrical sensitivity
How It Works:
- You upload a 23andMe or Ancestry.com raw data file to Functional Genomics Analysis our portal once we register you as a patient.
- You complete the symptoms survey that goes with the report
- We add the information from any bloodwork you provide
- I analyze the report
- We meet to discuss results
- I provide you with a report summary and an action plan
Back to Home